MICRO PIN PERFORATED AND MACRO PUNCH PERFORATED MATERIALS IN AUTOMOBILES are becoming ever more popular for a number of reasons
1. They are functional and provide airflow for not only air evacuation when a passenger sits on the seat, but also for heated, ventilated and air conditioned seat technologies. You would much rather be in a perforated seat on a long trip!
2. They are asthetically pleasing - Stewarts of America offer punching technologies that not only provide standard square and staggered hole patterns, but also offer pattern with different size holes, fade away patterns and even logos, perfect for giving a more higher end appearance
3. Flexibility! A veriety of materials can be perforated, leather, artificial leather, vinyl and laminates with foams, plastic films etc.
4. The perforating is not restricted to seats! We have perforated materials for headliners, door panels, steering wheels, sound proofing, the list goes on.
5. Have a higher co-efficient of friction, and the holes make more contact with the object that it is contact with. This in turn makes perforated seating perfect for sports orientated cars, as the drives has more traction with the seat, and more traction on the steering wheel
6. Acoustical panels have been perforated for years. The perforations allow sound to be funneled though to an absorbent layer. Sound dampening is critical to keeping the inside of the passenger compartment quiet and free from road noise
7. Bendability! Perforated materials are more flexible than solid materials. Perforations make the leather more supple and comfy to sit in.
STEWARTS OF AMERICA offer toll / contract services for punch perforating. Send your material to us, we will perforate it with a hole size and pattern you can choose from a library of tooling we have available, or we can custom made tooling to order if required.
Contact us with your toll perforating / contract perforating requirements
A Global Leader in Technical Textiles and Precision Perforating